03 Feb How To Stop Talking and Start Doing – 6 Ways to Beat Procrastination
Want to loose weight, run a marathon, start a business or just get happy? Well, what are you waiting for? Don’t let procrastination stand in your way!
You can have the best ideas in the world, but if you don’t do anything about them, they will remain just that. Ideas.
1. Whatever you want to do, start … Now … yes, right now. Don’t wait until the perfect moment, it will never come. What first step can you take towards your goal this minute? Sign up to a gym? Join a running club? Register a company name? Do it. Now.
2. Get accountable. Share your goals and plans with someone else and make appointments to regularly check in with them. If you want to loose weight – find someone else who shares your goals and see if you can do it together. Want to run a marathon – find a running buddy – much harder to stay in bed when you know someone is waiting in the park for you at 6am! Want to write a book – announce it on Facebook and give everyone a deadline for your book proposal and then get feedback from those that really count. Want to start a business but don’t want a business partner? Create a Mastermind group of other entrepreneurs.
3. Create a habit. Taking action is like a muscle, the more you do it, the easier it becomes. Habits create momentum and momentum creates change.
4. Get outside every day. When you feel stuck, the best way to change how you feel is to change your environment. Simply getting outside, even in the rain and walking for 20 minutes will change your mind-set and help get you back to being focused.
5. Really want to make it happen? Then you’ve got to schedule time in for it to become a reality. If that’s exercising then you need a routine and a schedule otherwise its far too easy for something more ‘urgent’ to get in the way. Want a happier life? Then you need to start scheduling in time to see the people who make you happy and don’t just leave them to fit in with what time you have left.
6. Just Do It. Yes, I know Nike have probably trademarked that phrase, but its true. Just Do It. Don’t expect everything to work and don’t expect everything to be perfect. You don’t need perfection, you need momentum.
If you want any more help to Stop Talking, Start Doing … head over to my