12 Nov 6 ways to be happier today
Here’s something you are probably relieved to hear: I’m not always the zealous, go-getting entrepreneur you see on the internet.
Like everyone else, I have my bad days too.
We all have these moments, but it’s how we get through them that matters.
So here’s the good news: even on bad says you have the power to influence – I might even venture to say control – your mood or the course of how your day will go.
You play an active role in your own happiness – that includes good moods, great days and celebratory moments.
All things happiness are yours for the taking.
I’ve got the how on this whole “take your happiness into your own hands” deal:
- Take a gratitude inventory – No, not counting every granule of sugar in the jar. Rather, I am talking about taking inventory of our lives. Misery often comes from the comparison of where we feel we should be in life versus where we are. Instead of lamenting where you think you should be, take the time to take inventory of where you are and what you have accomplished – you may very well surprise yourself.
- Make time for yourself – Kids running about, house a mess and everything is chaos; who has time for “me” time? That’s often how I feel, but EVERYONE needs time off… even you! Whether it is catching up on a show or just some meditation, maybe even taking time for an online course, calendar in time for yourself. Pick something you love to do… and just do it!
- Get organized – “Oh, but you just said to relax!” Organization doesn’t have to mean spring cleaning your entire home. An organized space (kitchen, office, living, digital files, doesn’t matter) allows you to set things up “your way”, you don’t have to think about where to find anything or where you last put those brainstorming notes you jotted down brilliant ideas on… It is sooooo satisfying, I promise!
- Take one step towards your dream – You’ve had an idea, an idea for a book, a business or something you’ve been wanting to do for a while. Phenomenal! Take one step towards that every day. It does not matter how small or big – just take the first step. Money or time an issue? Set aside small increments of time to start taking steps towards said dream; if money is in your way, abuse those free resources you’ll find all over the web.
- Mix things up – A routine is great but it can also dig a nice little chasm for you if you let it. It doesn’t have to be anything over the top (although I would encourage this if you’re excited about something). Take a different route to work, add a new activity to your morning routine, try a new food – just do something different. Monotony can make even the most innovative people shut down their creative & energetic paradise. You don’t have to stick with small shake-ups either, but it’s also an easy way to get started.
- Talk to yourself – Really. Check in with yourself. Let’s return back to my original point: happiness is in the hand of the seeker. Put simply, you are the one that is in charge of your happiness and looking inside of yourself and finding answers. Take the time and really dig down for answers. Journal. Ask yourself “what would make me happier today?” Meditate. However you communicate with yourself, don’t ignore that little voice that responds.
No matter how you feel and how insurmountable the uphill climb looks – you’ve got this.
Start with one step – any of the above or even something you’ve thought of yourself, it doesn’t matter. With every step, you master the art of being the creator of your happiness.
There’s no time like the present to start.
Starting now – I’ll even just say starting today – what are you going to be the boss of your own joy?
[cta id=”17552″ vid=”0″]